Monday, March 30, 2009

The Nourishing Gourmet: My New Favorite Blog!

This is a fabulous blog with a basis around sacred foods and nourishing traditions. A lot of these recipes are Dairy Free and Wheat Free by default. Remember to look for the ingredients as always!

The following comes from Kim Harris, Author of The Nourishing Gourmet
I advise you to go to be adventerous and go surf around her blog. You'll find a plethora of information!

about_kimi

Welcome to The Nourishing Gourmet! My name is Kimberly Harris and I am passionate about nourishing, healthy (and frugal!) cooking, family, and supporting local farmers. I am married to a wonderful husband, with two children (a two year old girl, and my first girl in Heaven).

My interest in healthy eating began early because of a cancer scare at the age of 16. Although I ended up not having cancer, facing disease at an early age awoke in me an interest in having a healthy lifestyle. During that time period, low fat diets were the craze, and although I ate very “healthy,” according to the experts, I feel that there were bad effects on my health from my low fat, low meat diet.

About four years ago I was introduced to Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon, and it has been a freeing, wonderful experience of relearning to appreciate real food. I have never looked back! Since then I have been able to more fully incorporate Nourishing Tradition style cooking into my life, creating my own recipes, including many dairy- and gluten-free ones. We have enjoyed discovering that our food tastes good, as well as being good for us.

Since my husband is currently back in college, I have embarked on the exciting adventure of eating nourishing food on a budget. “Waste not, want not” is a key principle for me as I learn how to best use our resources.

Join me in learning how to appreciate real food, nourish the body, and love the family here at The Nourishing Gourmet!

The information you find here at The Nourishing Gourmet is meant to help you make better eating choices. However, this site is only for informational and educational purposes. Please discuss with your own, qualified health care provider before adding in supplements or making any changes in your diet. Thank you.~Kim Harris

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment